About Tees RC
Tees Rowing Club is a community rowing club with an open to all policy. The history of the club goes back to the Victorian era, with the club being founded at a site on nearby Boathouse lane in 1864, and so 2014 saw Tees RC celebrate our Sesquicentennial year.
The club moved to its current home in the River Tees Watersports Centre in 2001. We share the centre with other river users including Teesside University Rowing Club, Powerhouse Dragon Boat Racing Club, Tees Tigers Canoe Polo Club and Tees Wheelyboats Club. Major funding for the centre was provided by a Sport England Lottery Grant.
The centre has a six-bay boathouse on the ground floor and social, training and changing facilities on the upper floor. These include a fully-licensed bar, a gym with weights and exercise equipment, a well equipped kitchen, and the Riverside Room, a multi-use room with a balcony and views of the river, whose varied uses include circuit training sessions and social events such as the club's Annual Dinner and Christmas party, as well as providing a venue for private functions. And of course, last but not least we have a fleet of rowing machines available for the use of Tees RC members.